ARNBC is committed to preserving the anonymity of all visitors to www.arnbc.ca. ARNBC tracks user behavior through information collected in our server logs. We do not track information that identifies particular users, only information that tracks general usage trends on the ARNBC site.
Join our Indigenous Health and Nursing Policy TableARNBC is seeking applicants to participate in an Indigenous Health and Nursing Policy Table to inform the association and stakeholders on Indigenous health and nursing policy in B.C. The responsibilities of the committee members will be to:
- Work collaboratively with Policy Table members to determine policy priorities related to Indigenous health.
- Review and discuss policy documents as needed.
- Maintain an awareness of issues that impact Indigenous nursing and the health and wellbeing of Indigenous peoples.
- Ensure that a balanced nursing perspective is presented to nursing associations and key stakeholders when discussing Indigenous health issues.
- Appointment of members will be comprised of nurses ranging in experience, expertise, domain of practice and regions of the traditional First Nation's territories in B.C.
- Applicants must be a practicing Registered Nurse, Licenced Practical Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or Registered Psychiatric Nurse in good standing with their respective nursing regulatory college.
- Preference will be given to Indigenous* nurses and nurses knowledgeable of First Nation's culture in B.C., historical contexts, health issues and traditional healing practices and customs. The committee will aim to have a minimum of 70% of Indigenous nurses at the policy table at all times in order to increase leadership capacity and engagement among Indigenous nurses realizing this has significant economic, cultural and social importance and the positive impacts this has on the health of Indigenous peoples.
- The Policy Table will meet in person quarterly with meetings via teleconference scheduled between each in person meeting.
- In order to maintain continuity of members on the Indigenous Health and Nursing Policy Table, length of appointment is either two or three years.
Application Deadline:Wednesday, August 23 at 4pm.
If you are interested in participating in this Policy Table, please fill out the application form below. Applications will be reviewed by special committee and successful applicants will be notified in August.