ARNBC is committed to preserving the anonymity of all visitors to www.arnbc.ca. ARNBC tracks user behavior through information collected in our server logs. We do not track information that identifies particular users, only information that tracks general usage trends on the ARNBC site.
Be Informed! Take a look at ARNBC's Resources:
What Do Nurses Expect Government to Do?
- Respect the findings of the Commission and take appropriate action to respond in a proactive, solutions-oriented way to the seven health recommendations.
- Make reducing inequities for Aboriginal health a priority of the B.C. government.
Ask the Candidates!
- What is your government's plan in upholding the recommendations put forward by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada?
- Will you as a government, acknowledge that the health of Aboriginal British Columbians has been adversely impacted by the legacy of previous government policies, including residential schools, and will you endeavor to take a strong stand in favour of resolving the challenges faced by Aboriginal people to this day?
- What policies and initiatives would you like to see put in place to increase the number of Aboriginal professionals working in the healthcare field?
- Will you recognize the value that Aboriginal healing practices bring to patients, and commit to working with Aboriginal Leaders and Communities to ensure that traditional practices are readily available to all Aboriginal patients, no matter where they live in B.C.?
- Will your government commit to a requirement that all health science students - not just nursing and medicine - must complete a course in Aboriginal health issues, including the history and legacy of residential schools, the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Treaties and Aboriginal rights and Indigenous teachings and practices?
* Party platforms will be updated regularly. If you are aware of any commitments made by the parties, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|B.C. Liberals||New Democratic Party||Green Party|