ARNBC is committed to preserving the anonymity of all visitors to www.arnbc.ca. ARNBC tracks user behavior through information collected in our server logs. We do not track information that identifies particular users, only information that tracks general usage trends on the ARNBC site.
Mental Health and Addiction
Be Informed! Take a look at ARNBC's Resources:
What Do Nurses Expect Government to Do?
- Recognize that greater collaboration among ministries and sectors is needed to provide comprehensive and integrated mental health and addiction services.
- Continue to invest in addiction care to build a comprehensive, integrated and functioning addiction care system.
- Increase community based services, social supports, and mental health promotion services.
- Invest in harm reduction strategies that have been scientifically proven to improve health and social outcomes.
- Immediately increase resources to tackle the current Opioid Crisis that has claimed the lives of 914 British Columbians in 2016.
Ask the Candidates!
- How will your government ensure that there is collaboration between ministries (i.e.: health, social services, criminal justice) and sectors to ensure mental health and addiction services across B.C. are integrated and comprehensive?
- What is your government's plan to increase community based services in order to ensure individuals suffering from mental health and addictions have access to these services?
- The majority of mental health illness and addiction begin during youth. How will your government provide leadership in the area of mental health promotion, especially among children and adolescents?
- How will you government step up to address the opioid crisis?
- What is your government's plan to expand harm reduction services for people who use drugs?
* Party platforms will be updated regularly. If you are aware of any commitments made by the parties, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|B.C. Liberals||New Democratic Party||Green Party|