ARNBC is committed to preserving the anonymity of all visitors to www.arnbc.ca. ARNBC tracks user behavior through information collected in our server logs. We do not track information that identifies particular users, only information that tracks general usage trends on the ARNBC site.
Seniors Health and Healthcare
Be Informed! Take a look at ARNBC's Resources:
What Do Nurses Expect Government to Do?
- Commit to prioritizing seniors health and healthcare.
- Increase financial supports for informal caregivers and ensure appropriate investments are made in community support, home care services, and affordable housing.
- Support the utilization of all healthcare professionals in order to provide integrated, long-term care.
- Increase investments in home health and home supports to enable aging in place.
- Consider innovative models of care (e.g., the use of paramedics in home support/residential care) that will increase the number of interactions and check-ins between seniors and the healthcare team.
- Engage nursing in the development and implementation of seniors' strategies.
Ask the Candidates!
- How will your government ensure that seniors living in residential care receive the minimum care hours of 3.36 hours/per day?
- What will your government do to ensure seniors have access to affordable and safe housing?
- Homelessness is having a significant impact on the senior population in B.C., and has serious downstream health impacts. How would you like to see this problem addressed in your community?
- What is your government's commitment in ensuring seniors receive the financial support they need to meet their basic needs, and are not choosing between housing, food and their medications?
- There is considerable evidence that preventive community and home support services can have enormous health benefits and cost savings when managing an aging population. What is your government's plan in enabling seniors to age in place?
- Are you aware of the significant rates of homelessness amongst Canadian seniors, and what strategies would you employ or encourage to ensure all seniors have options when it comes to where and how they live?
- Will your party involve nurses in discussions around seniors care given that nurses represent the largest healthcare workforce in the country, and given nurses' role in seniors' health?
* Party platforms will be updated regularly. If you are aware of any commitments made by the parties, please let us know at email@example.com.
|B.C. Liberals||New Democratic Party||Green Party|