ARNBC is committed to preserving the anonymity of all visitors to www.arnbc.ca. ARNBC tracks user behavior through information collected in our server logs. We do not track information that identifies particular users, only information that tracks general usage trends on the ARNBC site.
Social Determinants of Health
Be Informed! Take a look at ARNBC's Resources:
What Do Nurses Expect Government to Do?
- Refocus on the idea of 'health in all policies' - an approach that considers the health impacts of policies in areas such as finance, education, housing, employment and transport. It assists leaders and policymakers to 'integrate considerations of health, well-being and equity during the development, implementation and evaluation of such policies and services.
- Reconsider cuts to social service organizations and funding organizations that support those suffering from socioeconomic disadvantages.
- Recognize and work to achieve the principles outlined in the WHO's Commission on the Social Determinants of Health:
- Improve the conditions of daily life
- tackle the inequitable distribution of power, money and resources
- measure the problem, evaluate action, expand the knowledge base, develop a workforce that is trained in the social determinants of health and raise public awareness of the social determinants of health.
Ask the Candidates!
- How would your government begin to address the vast inequities of those who are struggling to have their basic needs met and those whose social determinants are at a high level?
- In what areas can government influence the social determinants of health, and how high of a priority is it for you to move forward with improving some of the conditions that are occurring within your own backyard?
- What is your government's plan to ensure that all British Columbians have access to safe and affordable housing?
- What is your government's plan to eliminate barriers to health care such as high parking costs across hospital and health care centres?
- What is your government's plan to ensure working British Columbians receive a living wage?
* Party platforms will be updated regularly. If you are aware of any commitments made by the parties, please let us know at email@example.com.
|B.C. Liberals||New Democratic Party||Green Party|